What is The Recover Clinic?
Emmy Brunner is a Psychotherapist, Spiritual Recovery Coach and Entrepreneur. She empowers women to lead bigger, bolder lives. She has presented talks and run workshops around the world on the treatment of eating disorders.
Emmy enables those fighting against themselves to find an inner peace that carries them through every life milestone. She teaches people how to be completely themselves; free to explore, to love and to fail.
Emmy is a qualified psychotherapist with more than 15 years’ experience in trauma and mental illness. She is the founder of the Recover Clinic, the UKs leading Eating Disorders and Body Dysmorphia Disorder outpatient service, and the only outpatient clinic in Europe that provides tailored treatment. Emmy’s unique approach focuses on the individual behind the illness, not just the physical symptoms.
Throughout her career, Emmy has discovered remarkable patterns in the ways women are conditioned to respond to trauma and life-challenges. She’s devoted her life to sharing her learnings with sufferers and has created an approach to the treatment of mental illness that aims to empower individuals and help them strive for holistic balance.
Call 0845 603 6530 or email [email protected] if you need a quote from Emmy for your feature or to arrange an interview.
- Read Emmy’s Huffington Post articles:
- Refinery29: An Anorexia Survivor’s Thoughts On Louis Theroux’s New Documentary
- Broadly: How to Make Good TV About Eating Disorders, According to Survivors
- Vice: Vegans Shouldn’t Ignore the Existence of Eating Disorders
- Independent: How fathers can raise body confident daughters
- Huffington Post: Diabulimia: Symptoms Of The ‘World’s Most Dangerous Eating Disorder’
- Not Plant Based: How negative relationships can worsen an eating disorder
- Not Plant Based: Why I started my own eating disorder clinic
- BBC World Service: Orthorexia Nervosa: When ‘Healthy’ Food Becomes Harmful
- Buzzfeed: 7 Small Changes To Try Out This Week
- Mail Online: Female bodybuilder comes under fire after she shames a woman in the gym by posting a photo mocking her ‘love handles’ and joking she was ‘ordering burgers’
- About Time: About Time You Met Emmy Gilmour
- Mail Online: ‘You’re beautiful, even if you can’t see it’: Woman with anorexia is handed a moving letter of support from a STRANGER on a train who urges her to ‘keep fighting’
- Metro: Stranger leaves anorexic woman beautiful note to help her recovery – can you help find her?
- Daily Star: This is the MOST common eating disorder – but you’ve probably never heard of it
- Mail Online: Clean eating BACKLASH! It’s the faddish food craze that’s making fortunes for its glossy apostles but now a TV expose raises some VERY disturbing questions
- BBC 3: Clean Eating’s Dirty Secrets (clip)
- Mail Online: Is it time to put your SELF first? Self-care is more than luxury days at the spa – it’s about boosting resilience with what works for YOU
- Mirror: Clean eating may be BAD for you and cause ‘orthorexia’ health experts warn as wellness trend faces backlash
- Guardian: How to cope with mental health difficulties at university