What is The Recover Clinic?
The Recover Clinic is an outpatient eating disorders clinic which opened its doors in 2007 – the realisation of a dream by owner and Director, Emmy Gilmour to create an eating disorder treatment model tailored to the ‘whole person’ – body, mind and spirit.
Emmy spent many years working as a clinician in the sector and found that too often treatment was concerned only with food and recovery from the physical symptoms – rather than looking at the root causes of an eating disorder.
In September 2016, we opened a new clinic in Brighton, aiming to help sufferers outside London in the south-east.
Call 0843 781 0205 or email email@example.com for more details.
What is different about Recover?
The holistic program that The Recover Clinic offers includes creative therapies, meditation, spiritual exploration, movement therapy, drama therapy, CBT, nutrition and much more, alongside the physical assessments. Their recovery rate among their graduates (those who have completed The Recover Clinic program) is 100%.
Interview the Founder & Director, Emmy Gilmour MA PgDip BA Hons
Emmy Gilmour is a Psychotherapist, Spiritual Recovery Coach and Entrepreneur. She empowers women to lead bigger, bolder lives. She has presented talks and run workshops around the world on the treatment of eating disorders.
Emmy enables those fighting against themselves to find an inner peace that carries them through every life milestone. She teaches people how to be completely themselves; free to explore, to love and to fail.
Emmy is a qualified psychotherapist with more than 15 years’ experience in trauma and mental illness. She is the founder of the Recover Clinic, the UKs leading Eating Disorders and Body Dysmorphia Disorder outpatient service, and the only outpatient clinic in Europe that provides tailored treatment. Emmy’s unique approach focuses on the individual behind the illness, not just the physical symptoms.
Throughout her career, Emmy has discovered remarkable patterns in the ways women are conditioned to respond to trauma and life-challenges. She’s devoted her life to sharing her learnings with sufferers and has created an approach to the treatment of mental illness that aims to empower individuals and help them strive for holistic balance.
Emmy’s book on Spiritual Recovery is due to be published at the end of 2016.
Call 0843 781 0205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a quote from Emmy for your feature or to arrange an interview.
A new route to recovery
Emmy is also the creator of the most successful online recovery program, the Home Recovery Program, for those unable to access The Recover Clinic’s services directly, or to use alongside its outpatient services.
The Recover Clinic in the press
- Daily Mail: Is it time to put your SELF first? Self-care is more than luxury days at the spa – it’s about boosting resilience with what works for YOU
- Daily Mail: Anorexia expert accuses ‘dangerous’ wellness bloggers like the Hemsley sisters of sparking a rise in eating disorders
- BBC 3: Clean Eating’s Dirty Secrets
- The Times: Vast menu of fad diets gives rise to new eating disorder
- Irish Independent: Obsessed with your health? ‘Orthorexia’ is an eating disorder when the perfect diet goes too far
- Huffington Post: All you need is love by Emmy Gilmour
- Huffington Post: Creating Your World by Emmy Gilmour
- Huffington Post: Why we need to be brave by Emmy Gilmour
- Student Minds: Reaching out: Opening up to a friend at Uni
- UMHAM: The Pressures of University and Available Support
- Telegraph: Orthorexia: when healthy eating goes too far
- Daily Mail: Extreme exercise: are we pushing ourselves too far?
- Daily Mail: Depression need not be a life sentence
- The Independent: The battle against bingeing
- Now Magazine: The frightening rise of scary super-skinny SKELEBRITIES
- Medical Daily: One Woman’s Anorexia Recovery Story